Lovin the Language Blogfest: 5 lines from the WIP

I stumbled on the Lovin the Language Blogfest last night, and my first reaction was "Eek, no way, my WIP is so not ready and I'm way too embarrassed." But then I thought, why the heck not. This thing is going to see the light of day someday, I might as well open one shutter a crack for a few seconds. Give you guys a taste of what I've been living with, struggling with, and working on for the past few months. 5 lines won't get me into too much trouble with future agents/editors, right?

Now its just a matter of picking five lines...

Ok, here goes.

Cindy was already asleep in her bed when he got home. He cracked the door open just enough to see her. She lay curled under the dark green quilt she’d gotten last Christmas and only her thick red hair, a gift from her father, was visible. Not for the first time, George questioned why Jane had left her daughter to him instead of mom. Mom was just a few blocks that way, of course, and helped with stuff like babysitting and teaching Cindy how to wear eyeliner, and she hadn’t seemed surprised at Jane’s decision, either; but seven years, first period and first prom later, he still had no idea what he was doing.


*blush* Ok, so this is first draft form and will be hopefully improved in its final form, but it sort of gives a good jist without giving too much away :) Happy writing!

Sarah Allen